is a suite of programs to help students of different ages with the visualization, exploration and conceptualization of
Graphing is a powerful graph plotter.
- Drawing graphs and curves in parameter representation.
- Axes can have labels such as cost, height etc.
If your schoolbook uses word variables in graphs, your graph plotter ought to do the same.
- Graphic Calculus is using familiar mathematics notation.
- Sliding parameter and family parameter.
- Calculate tables.
- Zoom and trace.
- Finding the formula Students can test their knowledge of graphs.
Draw the graph of an unknown function and guess the formula. Make your own collection of exercises.
- Line draws a line through two points and shows the changes of the formula as the point moves.
- Parabola Here you can draw the graph of a quadratic equation through two points.
- Exponential functions, the effects of changing parameters on the graph is shown.
- Trigonometric graphs show the construction of the sine, cosine and tangent from the unit circle.
Advanced parts of the program
- Diagram of change shows the decrease and increase of functions in different ways.
- Gradient shows the drawing of a slope in a specific point as well as the graph of a gradient function.
- Area shows the area under a graph and calculates its value. Area also shows the area function of a given graph.
- Differential equation. The direction field and the solution through any starting point is plotted.
- Functions of two variables plots perspective drawings of surfaces z=f(x,y), either in 3D or as level lines.
- Cob-Web methods are to solve f(x)=x.
- Taylor polynomials to approximate functions with polynomials.
- Financial mathematics to visualize present value of an annuity or a bond.
- Linear Programming will solve lp-problems straightforward.
- Complex functions represents complex functions w=f(z), like sin(z), by drawing figures in the z-plane and their image in the w-plane.
There are plenty of possibilities to adjust the program to the mathematical competency of your students. The program should especially benefit starting students.